Jul 29, 2019
Today we’re talking about homelessness in San Diego and creating a better life circumstance for homeless people.
Emily Howe is the Executive Director and Managing Attorney of Think Dignity, a local non-profit whose mission is to inspire, empower, and organize the San Diego community to advance basic dignity for those living on the streets.
She joins me today to share some of the very important work that Think Dignity is doing for the homeless population in San Diego in order for these individuals to have the opportunity to live a more normal existence.
- Projecting a positive outcome into our futures instead of something negative and fear-based
- Myths about how people become homeless and why these hinder our ability to address the cause
- How local ordinances are often a huge barrier to a homeless individual getting back on their feet
- How we can collaborate together and come up with more sustainable solutions for the homeless
- Where Carson is currently, how his trip is going so far, and what he’s seeing along the way
- How others can step up and help the people of Yemen that are in need of humanitarian aid
For the full show notes visit: www.ChangeItUpRadio.com