Nov 5, 2019
In this episode of Change It Up Radio, we’re talking about the complexities of cannabis in the workplace and how employers can maintain a safe, happy, and ethical environment for its employees.
Proposition 64 was the 2016 voter initiative to legalize cannabis in California, which permits recreational use of marijuana as long as it falls within the right confines. This means that our employees are using marijuana in some form, so we as employers need to think about that and have policies in place that make sense with that realization in mind.
Today’s guest, Ryan Nell of Pettit Kohn Ingrassia Lutz & Dolin law firm, is a shareholder and a leader in the firm’s employment and labor group. He joins me today to discuss how Prop 64 fits in with how other states are handling medicinal/recreational marijuana and how employers can still enforce drug testing and a drug-free workforce while staying ahead of the curve in an effort to avoid legal trouble.
- The power of the subconscious mind and using “afformations” instead of affirmations
- Prop 64 and how it fits in with how other states are handling medicinal/recreational marijuana
- What employers can do about drug testing and still demanding a drug-free workforce
- Creating policies that make sense and take into consideration the legalization of marijuana
- Staying aware and ahead of the curve in an effort to avoid legal trouble before it arises
- Understanding the law in order to maintain compliance and a happy and safe workplace
For the full show notes visit: www.ChangeItUpRadio.com