Aug 5, 2019
On this episode of Change It Up Radio, we’re talking about a potential nuclear threat at the San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant in San Diego County.
Today I'm focusing on something very important that's going on right here in my own community... a potential nuclear threat. There are things going on here at San Onofre that we need to be both aware and concerned about. So, what needs to happen to help put our safety first and avoid potential disaster?
Torgen Johnson is a brilliant man who is leading the charge to inform people about what is actually going on at San Onofre. He joins me today to discuss the severity of the threat to the public and surrounding communities, the lack of proper regulations, and what actions we can take to reduce these risks.
- What's actually going on at the San Onofre Nuclear Power Plant in San Diego County
- How safety has been sacrificed by storing high-level radioactive waste in inferior canisters
- Why these canisters are so vulnerable to short-term cracking and environmental exposure
- Acknowledging the dangerous lack of proper regulations and what's happening on site
- What can be done to raise awareness and take action before a nuclear crisis occurs
For the full show notes visit: www.ChangeItUpRadio.com